Wednesday 30 July 2014

Musings

I've been slowly working on "Prima Donna" and realized that I'm actually writing the "Smack Down" episode.  First draft comment was "try avoid being too technical" and that will be a struggle for a few stories.

I'm also avoiding marketing for almost a week.  The whole reddit thing put me off but I need to get back to it.  I checked the readership figure - 9 Kindle, 2 Play, 0 Kobo.  Insanely curious to know if someone I don't know personally reads and/or likes the stories.

Today reading Forbes I saw a quote attributed to Plato, "Those that tell stories rule the world."  I'd love to know what work this was attributed to so I can go figure out the context.

Toodles!


*** UPDATE ***

Apparently Plato never wrote "Storytellers rule society", it is a quote from Clinton summarizing The Republic.  However in Phaedrus there is "There is truth in wine and children" that is true in so many ways and at so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment