Thursday 17 July 2014

Kobo is good too!

Kobo.  I saw Kobo eReaders in Chapters.  Apparently they own a healthy portion of the market in Canada.  Signing up for self publishing was easier than Kindle (that was really easy.)  Kobo calls the service "Writing Life."  The royalties are better than Amazon for small amounts (45% compared to 30% for Amazon.)

The document to eBook import isn't as snazzy as Kindle.  It ignored spacing formats from my source word document (so I need to go back and add white space.)  The web javascript editor seems totally broken (under Chrome.)  Also, the cover creator isn't as nice.  I went through my picture library to find something interesting and added a title with photoshop.  Guess what the picture is of?  My first fax machine - that exploded when my cat (whom loved to sit on the warm printer beside the fax) coughed up a hairball on said fax machine.  Neat huh?



Click here to download the Kobo version of "The Beginning."

No comments:

Post a Comment