Monday 8 September 2014

Stop Confusing Me With The Facts

I need to add something about email to the story line... Folks that don't read it. Folks that response without reading it. Folks that receive hundreds of email a day and spend all of their time reading it. Executives that delegate the reading of it to their secretaries. Folks that send too many emails and/or put in too much information. (I am guilty!) A previous boss suggested I add the [must read] tag to email subject if I wanted him to read it. I asked, "Why would I send you email if I didn't want you to read it?" He was unimpressed. Another complained that I sent too many emails or that they were too detailed and I needed to limit their content to one sentence. Another line boss, after telling me in person I could talk to him about anything and skip my supervisor, subsequently told my supervisor that all communication from me needs to come through said supervisor (after one message.) Yes, there is dark humor in email.

No comments:

Post a Comment